• J-Day is Oct. 8, in the Lory Student Center at CSU in Fort Collins

• We are changing our name to Colorado Student Media Association, as of July 1.

• Be sure to submit entries for All-Colorado critique service by June 2 postmark deadline.

• Get your vintage CHSPA Store orders in now, with old logo. Just click the ad above for the order form.

Filed under Featured News

Start planning now for J-Day

Start planning now for J-Day

The annual state journalism conference will be Thursday, Oct. 14 at CSU’s Lory Student Union.

We urge you to start planning now. Here is the 2-page registration form, which must be mailed by October 1. Please note that we are not able to accept credit cards for payment this year (we hope to restore this service later in the school year).

In addition to the always-exciting Sweepstakes awards ceremony, beginning at 1:15 p.m. this year, consider entering your best newspaper of the new school year, your best photograph and caption from your current yearbook, or your best video media presentation of 2010-11 in our Best of Show competition. Be sure to pre-register on your J-Day registration form. Then just bring the entry form and your entry to the registration desk on J-Day.

Something else you may wish to take advantage of: we are offering our coolest t-shirt ever for $8, with one dollar from each shirt sale going to the Student Press Law Center. Your shirts will be ready for pick-up at J-Day, if you order when you register. There will be a limited number available at J-Day, and you can order more shirts throughout the year.